Steps Together Leicestershire is located in is part of the Steps Together Rehab Group and located in the rural and tranquil surroundings of Arnesby Village in the idyllic Harborough District in the Southern quarter of Leicestershire County.
Our team of experts conduct the very best therapy in a perfect and suitable peaceful environment. Those experiencing difficulty with stress, anxiety and addiction have the perfect place to retreat, relax, unwind and soak up the beautiful surroundings of the Leicestershire countryside.
Our building is known as the Chestnuts and is situated off the A5199, The Chestnuts sits within easy reach of Junction 20 or 21 of the M1; 30 mins South of Leicester City or 20 minutes North of Market Harborough. Our dedicated team can arrange transportation for you or your loved one from home or a main line train station. (Please note: Transport fees may apply – talk to our admissions team to find our more)
Admissions Number: 0800 038 5585
Administration Office Number: 0116 326 6704
- The Chestnuts
- St Peters Road
- LE8 5WJ
Approach to rehabilitation
The Chestnuts offers an innovative and balanced treatment programme, combining a diverse range of evidence-based therapies and treatments alongside a dynamic weekly programme of physical and psychological activities. The programme blends the very best approaches to psychological change and well-being; whilst ensuring that the holistic needs of our client’s physical and social health are also supported.
Our team have many years of experience in the treatment of addiction and associated problems – qualified to a high level and hand-picked by the company for their commitment, care and passion for changing lives.
The Chestnut’s employs a professional team of Nurses, Therapists and Support Staff. All who have all have a personal commitment towards those experiencing addiction and providing support to their families, employers and communities.
The Chestnuts is located in Arnesby Village in the heart of Rural Leicestershire, providing a homely, discreet and peaceful facility. The Chestnuts has 16 bedrooms set across two floors and offering either dedicated Ensuite facilities, open plan bathrooms or a shared bathroom and are subject to availability. The Chestnuts also offers an accessible dedicated large wet room for those who require that extra bit of assistance to wash and dress, plus a large bath for those wanting to take a peaceful long soak in the bath during their treatment.
All our bedrooms are designed to provide you with the sanctuary and privacy you require during your stay with us and are all single occupancy (no sharing) and designed with:
- Comfortable Single or double bed
- Flat screen SMART TV
- Free Wi-Fi Access
- Fresh Towels & Bathrobe
- Complimentary Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash on Admission
- Access to 1st Floor bedrooms via a stair lift for those who require it
- Individual Room Key
Providing a welcoming and relaxing environment is key to a successful treatment programme, The Chestnuts offers:
- Large and Bright Dining Room
- Comfortable Communal Lounge with Large Flat Screen SKY TV
- Private One-One Therapy Rooms
- Dedicated Group Therapy Room
- Discreet Outside Courtyard & BBQ Area
- Dedicated Enclosed Smoking Area
- Client Laundry Facilities & Services
- Home cooked meals and refreshments by in house chefs
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated
We recognise that one-size doesn’t fit all clients, working closely with our expert clinical and therapy team, each client will be provided with a suite of opportunities to find the right fit for their recovery.
Recovery is maintained through abstinence and learning to connect with oneself and others, recovery from addiction is not an event but an ongoing process. At Steps Together, we will support and guide those in need of recovery by providing opportunities and the tool-kits needed to secure lasting recovery from addiction.
Our Structured Weekly Recovery Programme offers a range of interventions and therapies that include:
- Thoughts & Feelings Process Group
- Meditation Techniques
- Mindfulness Therapy Sessions
- 12 Step Recovery Groups
- Smart & ACT recovery workshops
- Educational, Health & Well-being Workshops
- Weekly 1-2-1 Counselling Sessions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Gestalt Therapy, Trauma Therapy)
- Weekly 1-2-1 Step Work Sessions
- Relapse Prevention Sessions
- Weekly Art Therapy Session
- Daily Spiritual Walk
- Relapse prevention Techniques
- Music Therapy Sessions
- Aftercare & Discharge Planning
Our therapy programme is designed to work through a range of issues that often face those living with addiction:
- Stress & anxiety
- Child or Adulthood trauma
- Emotional or Physical Abuse
- Bereavement & Loss
- Relationship Breakdown and Co-Dependency
- Sex & Love Addiction
- Low Self Esteem, Mood and Confidence
- Behavioural Patterns of Addiction and Dependency
Our therapy team will work closely with you to understand your unique set of issues and build a plan to help you work through these in your treatment programme.
BEYOND THERAPY – OUR HOLISTIC PROGRAMME
Re-connecting with healthy, holistic, fun activities is really important to your physical, psychological and emotional well-being. Beyond our core programme, The Chestnuts offers a balanced approach to supporting your well-being, ensuring you are able to participate in a range of group activities that support your holistic well-being.
The Chestnuts benefits from its unique countryside location and village life, enabling Steps Together Rehab to provide a range of innovative and fun additional activities that truly enable our clients to re-connect with day-to-day life and themselves.
Examples of these include:
- Frequent Walks in the Countryside to help you connect and take notice of the tranquillity around you
- A night at the flicks!.. Our Cinema trips each month help you enjoy a taste of real life and a good movie with your peers
- Yoga … Practise the ancient Indian art of YOGA in our monthly sessions to work on your physical and inner spiritual core
- *Fancy a Swim/Gym? … Our weekly gym and swim visits enable you to work on your physical health, look good, feel refreshed and build your stamina
- * Complimentary (Holistic) Therapies are available from The Chestnuts range of suppliers and can be organised by appointment when required, including Masssage, Reiki, Reflexology, etc
- *Equine/Animal Therapy … Connecting with animals offers a great opportunity to be at one (without fear of judgement) and learn the power of connection between humans and animals
*Additional charges will apply for these activities. Please discuss these with your therapist during your treatment with us.
From time to time, The Chestnuts have access to a range of external local events within the Village or surrounding areas; that can include traditional activities like May Day Parade, Bonfire Night, Football 5-aside Matches, etc. Wherever possible, we will ensure we are included in these and that you and your peers have the option to attend.
The Chestnut’s team can provide support for anyone wishing to maintain or re-connect with their religious and faith based involvement. The village boasts a range of church services and groups at St Peter’s Parish Church or Arnesby Baptist Chapel; Leicestershire also plays host to a wide and diverse range of alternative faith groups and communities. These options can be discussed with the group and individuals during your stay.